Here you will find information on upcoming wind energy webinars and events hosted by the Northeast Wind Resource Center and related organizations. To receive information about upcoming events and webinars by email, please sign up for our mailing lists. Webinars hosted by the NWRC are archived on our Vimeo page.
2017 Offshore Wind Executive Summit: The Parallels of Wind, Oil and Gas
August 9 - August 10
The U.S. is on the brink of a booming offshore wind industry – are you ready? The 2017 Offshore Wind Executive Summit: The Parallels of Wind, Oil and Gas will bring together decision makers from wind and offshore oil and gas, both from the U.S. and Europe. Using many of the same technologies—design, foundations, vessels, cabling and a highly skilled workforce—offshore O&G experts play an important role in the advancement of U.S. offshore wind. The Offshore Wind Executive Summit will provide the forum to establish new business relationships. Educate yourself on the current market including project development, important policy issues and the complicated supply chain. This event will give attendees the chance to develop what is necessary to advance the U.S. offshore wind industry.
Conference Session Topics Include:
- Keynote and Fireside Chat: America’s First Offshore Wind Farm
- Diversification and the Opportunities That Exist Today (and Tomorrow)
- The Three Pillars of Success: Equipment, Logistics and Installation
- Infrastructure, Development and Project Management
- The Industry Demands for Offshore Wind Engineering and Design
- Increasing Performance, Managing Risks and Lowering Costs
- Lessons Learned from Europe